Chanel Egoiste - Perfume Review




Égoïste is everything I like in a fragrance, and nothing I dislike. This beautiful grandchild of Bois des Iles is a magical, warm harmony of woods and spices. On me it is softer than soft, it envelopes me like most exquisite and most expensive dark-golden silk garment. On a man…oh on a man it is irresistible. If I were a poet, I would have written a passionate sonnet for Égoïste. But I am not, so I am writing this review.

The beginning of Égoïste has a candied (mandarin) and at the same time slightly medicinal (lavender) feel that I find delightfully quirky and enjoyable. The fragrance grows warmer and sweeter as it develops, never crossing the line into being cloying and overwhelming. The sandalwood and rose blend (a union made in olfactory heaven) in the heart of the fragrance is incredibly attractive. The dark warmth of wood and the sweetness of the rose are spiced up by saffron and coriander; in the drydown, the gentle vanilla note becomes apparent. It does not make Égoïste sweeter, but it does make it even softer. This is a discreetly exotic woody-oriental scent that makes one think about opulent fabrics and golden chalices filled with mysterious potions... "Discreetly", because this exoticism is in true Chanel style, i.e. masterfully understated, without excessive embellishments. I once said about D'Orsay Le Dandy that if it were a man, I would have undoubtedly fallen head over heals in love with him. Egoiste is another fragrance that makes me wish that it could be magically turned into a person, even though I know that this stunner would break my heart in thousand little pieces…



                                                                                                                                                                  source: perfumesmellinthings

2 comments:

  1. De ce ti-ai schimbat limba blogului in engleza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pentru o deschidere mai mare ,majoritatea populatiei Pamantului vorbind sau cunoscand engleza!

    Cu cine vorbesc?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Earn Money with Payoneer

DriverCure driver updater